A simple to make, yet delicious recipe that is the perfect snack loved by children and adults alike and should satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. Also, as an added bonus, these cookies make the kitchen smell great.
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 + 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 + 1/2 cup chocolate chip
1 cup toasted walnuts
1 tbsp corn flour
Mix the butter, sugar and brown sugar in a bowl. Once its creamy, add the egg and vanilla essence and mix well. To this add the sifted flour, baking soda, corn flour and salt and combine until well blended. Finally add the chocolate chip and toasted walnuts.
Once the cookie dough is set, separate and make small balls (about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough per ball). You should get about 24 small balls. Place these on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for an hour.
Depending on your oven, you might have to bake these cookies in 2 batches. Preheat the oven to 170C and pop the cookies in the oven for 15-18 min until the sides turn slight brown. Then, remove the cookies and let it cool it.
Your cookies are now ready to enjoy! They go great with cold milk.
For the biscuit base
1. Digestive biscuit – 1cup(powdered)
2. Powdered sugar – 1tbsp
3. Unsalted butter – 5 tbsp For the cheese cake layer
1. Toblerone – 150gm
2. Fresh cream – 1/4 cup
3. Cream cheese – 230gm
4. Condensedilk – 1/4 cup
5. Powdered sugar – 1/4 cup
6. Vanilla essence – 1/2tsp
7. Gelatin powder – 2tsp
8. Water – 2tsp
9. Hazelnut -3tbsp For the topping
1. Whip cream- 1/2 cup
The biscuit base
1. Combine the powdered biscuits, melted butter and sugar.
2. Butter the sides of the cake pan
3. Press down the ingredients to the pan
4. Freeze this mixture for 30-40minutes. The cheese cake layer
1. Microwave the fresh cream for 30sec. Pour it to the chopped toblerone and mix until well combined and leave it to cool for 5minutes.
2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, condensed milk, powdered sugar and vanilla essence with a beater
3. To this add the melted toblerone and beat it well until well combined.
4. Mix gelatin in water and microwave for 10seconds. Stir well until well combined. Let it sit for a few seconds to cool. Add this to the cream cheese mixture and combine well.
5. Add the chopped hazelnut and mix well. Pour this to the biscuit mixture and refrigerate for 4 hours The Topping
1. Whip the cream until soft peaks form
2. Decorate according to your wish and add toblerone.
If you’re looking to make a tasty, yet easy to make dessert, then this Dulce de Leche ice cream just might fit perfectly to your day. Don’t forget to serve this nice and cold and add your favorite toppings.
For the Biscuit layer
1. Digestive biscuit – 250gm
2. Butter – 4 tbsp
For the Caramel sauce
1. Sugar – 1/2 cup
2. Water – 3 tbsp
3. Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup
4. Fresh cream – 1/4 cup
5. Vanilla essence – 1/2 TSP
6. Salt – a pinch
For the ice cream
1. Whipped cream – 2 cup
2. Dulce de Leche (cooked condensed milk) – 1 can
3. Milk powder – 3/4 cup
4. Milk – 1/4 cup
5. Vanilla essence – 1/2 TSP
1. Chocolate sauce
2. Chopped nuts
1. Crush the digestive biscuits. To this add the melted butter and mix well. Keep it aside.
2. For the caramel sauce, heat the sugar and water in a pan on medium heat and stir consistently. Once it turns golden brown,remove from flame and add butter and vanilla essence and mix well. Add the fresh cream and bring back to boil and stir continuously for a minute. Remove from flame and let it cool
3. For the ice cream, whip the cream till soft peaks form.
4. In another bowl, mix the milk powder and milk. Add the dulce de and vanilla essence and beat well.
5. Add this mixture slowly to the whipped cream and beat well. Make sure not to over whip the cream.
6. Freeze this covered for about 5-6 hours.
7. Once the ice cream is set, sprinkle the biscuit layer first, then the ice care and top it with chocolate sauce,prepared caramel sauce and nuts.