- All purpose flour – 1 + 1/2 cup
- Instant Yeast – 1/2 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Warm Water – 1/4 cup (add if more is needed)
- Milk – 2 tbsp
For the garlic spread
- Garlic chopped very finely – 6 flakes
- Butter softened – 2 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Kiri cheese – 3
- In a bowl mix the sifted flour, salt, sugar and yeast.
- To this add the egg, water and milk and mix well.
- Knead the dough with olive oil to smoothen it. ( add 1 or 2 tbsp of water if water is needed, the dough should be soft and smooth and not too stiff and dry)
- Once the dough is kneaded well, keep it covered with a damp towel or cling wrap and set it aside to raise for 1 hour.
- Once the dough is double in volume knead it again to make it smooth.
- Now divide the dough into 12 equal balls.
- Cut the kiri cheese into 4. Fill each ball with one piece.
- Arrange the balls in a lined baking tray.
- Make a small slit on top using a knife to fill the garlic spread(not very deep). Keep it aside in a warm place for 45 minutes to make the balls double in size.
- Meanwhile mix the butter, crushed garlic and coriander for the filling.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° and fill the spread in the slit on the dough balls.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the garlic buns turn a golden brown color. Do not over cook, it’ll make the buns harder.
- Brush the buns with melted butter. Serve hot!