For the cake
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Yogurt – 1 Â¼ cup
- Milk- 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 TSP
- Baking soda – 1/2 TSP
- All purpose flour – 1 Â¾ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 TSP
- Vegetable oil- 1/2 cup
For the sugar syrup
- Sugar – 3 TBSP
- Water – Â¼ cup
For the Icing
- Heavy whipping cream-2 cups
- Vanilla essence-1/2 TSP
- Icing sugar- 2-3 tbsp (or adjust accordingly)
For the Decoration
- Almond flakes
- Grapes or Fruits of your option.
- Orange juice -1/2 cup
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – Â¼ cup
- Grease a cake tin and place a parchment paper in it. Preheat the oven to 190Â°C
- Blend together yogurt and sifted sugar, to this add the baking powder and baking soda and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Next, add the flour and vegetable oil simultaneously. Finally add the vanilla essence and mix well
- Pour the batter into the cake tray and bake it for 35-40 minutes (or until a toothpick pierced, comes out clean).
- After taking the cake out, brush the milk evenly using a baking brush. Cool the cake for 10-15 minutes, then carefully remove it from the cake tin.
Making the Sugar syrup
- Bring the sugar and water to boil, then remove it from.the flame and let it cool.
- Cut the cake in half and pour the sugar syrup into both slices using a squeeze bottle or simply using a spoon.
- Keep this aside to soak.
Making the icing
- Make sure to place the mixing blade and bowl at least 15 minutes in the freezer before whipping.
- Take another bowl and fill it with ice cubes. Now put the bowl from the freezer on top of this and pour 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and beat from slow to high speed until soft peaks.
- To this add the sifted icing sugar and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Keep it covered in the fridge.
Making the decoration
- Roast some almond flakes in 1 tbsp butter and let it cool.
- Cut the fruits into thin slices and dry it completely, keep few fruits cut into small pieces for the inside part.
Putting it all together
- Now take out the whipped cream and put some in the middle of the cake and spread evenly. Sprinkle some fruits on top and place the other half of the cake
- Now cover the cake with the icing and keep it in the fridge to cool for some time.
- Meanwhile prepare the glaze for the fruits.
- Boil the orange juice, corn flour and sugar and reduce it until it becomes a thick consistency.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Now take the cake and cover the side with the roasted almonds.
- Decorate the top with the sliced fruits. Finally brush the fruits with the prepared glaze and let it